The state also reported two more COVID-19 fatalities in the last 24 hours, which pushed the death toll to 88, he said.
The fresh COVID-19 cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl registering the highest cases at 130, followed by Kolasib at 25 and Lawngtlai at 23, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 6.56 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 3,413 samples, he said.
Twelve patients have travel history, while the rest 212 people were found to have locally contracted the virus.
As many as 126 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, while 96 are asymptomatic and the actual condition of two patients is yet to be ascertained, the official said.
Mizoram now has 4,455 active COVID-19 cases, while 14,316 people have recovered from the infection, including 220 people on Thursday.
So far, the state has tested over 4.68 lakh samples for COVID-19.
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 75.91 per cent, while the mortality rate is 0.46 per cent.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, as many as 4,59,681 people have been inoculated. Of these, 53,960 people have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Meghalaya-Assam border row: ‘Give & take’ policy not acceptable, says Cong MLA
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result