Aizawl: As many as 374 more people, including two security personnel and over 93 children, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, pushing the state’s tally to 17,979, an official said on Tuesday.
The COVID-19 death toll in the state also reached 85 on Tuesday as two more people succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, he said.
The fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl district registering the highest at 226, followed by Lawngtlai at 54 and Kolasib at 51, he said.
Of the 374 new cases, 109 cases were confirmed at a RT-PCR laboratory in Zoram Medical College (ZMC), while seven cases were detected through TrueNat facilities from three district hospitals and 258 from Rapid Antigen Tests in various districts, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 8.31 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 4,499 samples tested in the last 24 hours, he said.
Six patients have travel history and the rest 368 were found to have locally contracted the infection, the official said.
Of the 374 patients, 159 have patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, he said.
The number of active cases in the state now stands at 4,227, while 13,667 people have recovered from the infection.
Mizoram has tested 4,58,370 samples for COVID-19 till date. The recovery rate is 76 per cent and death rate is 0.47 per cent.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, 3,87,007 people have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till Monday. Of these, 53,686 people have received both the doses.
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people
- Making efforts to protect rights of baby in foster care in Germany: MEA