Aizawl: Mizoram COVID-19 count reached 16,943 on Sunday as 193 people have tested positive for the infection, an official said.
Four more people have succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, which took the death toll to 81, he said.
Various districts reported the 193 new cases, with Aizawl registering the highest at 140, followed by Lawngtlai district (23) and Kolasib district (14), he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 6.94 per cent after the new cases detected from the 2,779 samples tested in the last 24 hours.
Sixteen patients have travel history, and the remaining had contracted the infection locally, he said. Of the 193 patients, 100 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, he said.
Mizoram now has 3,733 COVID-19 active cases, while 13,129 people have recovered from the infection, including 271 people on Saturday.
Mizoram has tested 4,52,455 samples for COVID-19 to date. The recovery rate is 77.48 per cent, and the death rate is 0.47 per cent.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, 3,70,107 people have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till Saturday, and of this, 53,517 people have received both doses.
- Meghalaya-Assam border row: ‘Give & take’ policy not acceptable, says Cong MLA
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result