Aizawl: At least 314 people, including two security personnel and over 80 children, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, pushing the state’s tally to 16,750, an official said on Saturday.
He said that 1.53 per cent of the total 10.91 lakh population (as per 2011 census) have been infected with COVID-19 and it is estimated that 15 people per 1,000 were diagnosed with the infection.
The fresh 314 cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl registering the highest at 240, followed by Lunglei and Siaha districts at 27 and 17 cases, respectively, he said.
The single-day positivity rate was 9.62 per cent as the fresh cases were detected from 3,261 sample tests, he said.
Thirteen patients have travel history and the rest 301 were found to have locally contracted the infection, he said.
Of the 314 patients, 160 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, he said.
The number of active cases in the state now stands at 3,816, while 12,858 people have recovered from the infection.
The death toll in the state is 76.
Mizoram has tested 4,49,676 samples for COVID-19 till date.
The recovery rate is 76.76 per cent and death rate is 0.45 per cent.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, 3,62,851 people have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till Friday. Of these, 53,517 people have received both the doses.
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute
- Manipur Lottery August 4: Check Singam Sedum Day lottery result