A 75-year-old man from Aizawl succumbed to the infection at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Friday night, he said. The victim had comorbidities, he added.
Of the 178 new COVID-19 cases, Aizawl district reported 118 cases, Lunglei 16, Siaha five, Lawngtlai 18, Kolasib 12, Champhai seven, Mamit and Saitual reported one case each.
The official said that the single-day rate infection was 6.57 per cent as 2,709 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.
More than 43 children and three healthcare workers were among the newly infected people, he said.
Five patients have travel history, while the rest were found to have locally contracted the infection, he said.
Of the 178 patients, 107 have developed symptoms of Covid-19, he added.
Mizoram now has 3,501 Covid-19 active cases, while 11,358 people have recovered from the infection.
At least 254 people were discharged from various Covid-19 Care facilities on Friday.
The recovery rate is 76.12 per cent and death rate is 0.42 per cent.
The state has tested 4,27,426 samples for Covid-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, as many as 2,85,073 people have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till Friday, of which 52,956 have received both doses.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence