Aizawl: Assam Rifles and Custom department have seized 410 grams of heroin at Zokhawthar village on the Mizoram- Myanmar border on Friday, Assam Rifles sources said on Saturday.
The joint operation was carried out based on specific information, it said.
The contraband worth Rs 1.64 crore was smuggled from Myanmar, it said.
The seized heroin was handed over to the Customs department, it added.
Ongoing smuggling of drugs is a major cause of concern for the state of Mizoram, especially along the India-Myanmar Border.
Assam Rifles, rightly christened as the ‘Sentinels of Northeast’ have continued their efforts against the smuggling activities in the state.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence