On Friday, Lunglei became the lone district in Mizoram to receive aid from outside during the COVID-19 pandemic.
An official statement said the district received 6 Oxygen Concentrators from a New Delhi based Medical Oxygen For All Foundation (MOFA) and 1500 PPE Sets, 1500 N-95 Masks and 100 Oximeters from Vision IAS Academy, New Delhi through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The donation was made through the efforts of Lunglei Deputy Commissioner Kulothungan A, it said.
The medical equipment, worth Rs. 26.50 lakh inclusive of shipping and handling costs, were handed over to Lunglei Chief Medical Officer Dr LC Liana by Kulothungan during a function at DC office, it said.
The items will be distributed among COVID Care Centres (CCC), Community COVID Care Centres (4C) and Quarantine Centres across the district.
Kulothungan A expressed his heartfelt gratitude on behalf of the people to Jatin Gupta, founding member of Medical Oxygen for All, a pan-global initiative and Ajay Kumar Singh, founder and director of Vision IAS Academy, who have selflessly lent helping hands to the people of Mizoram and Lunglei district in particular in these trying times.
- Union Minister Pradhan, Meghalaya CM Sangma grace NEHU convocation
- J-K tunnel accident: 8 more bodies recovered; death toll reaches 9
- After Assam success, Local Utpaat wants to wow audiences in other cities
- In pics: Over 500 families suffering in Imphal amid waterlogging, flash floods
- Drugs worth 15 lakh seized along Nagaland-Manipur border
- Rahul Gandhi harming India in his hate against PM Modi: BJP