The COVID-19 death toll rose to 47 as a 44-year-old man succumbed to the infection at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Thursday night, he said.
Of the fresh cases, Aizawl district accounted the for highest cases at 157, followed by Lunglei (18), Lawngtlai (17), Champhai (6), Mamit and Saitual districts reported 3 cases each and Siaha district reported 1 case.
Only one patient has a travel history, while the rest 204 were found to have locally infected, the official said, adding that 110 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19.
Mizoram now has 3,415 active COVID-19 cases, while 9,602 people have recovered from the infection.
At least 108 people were discharged from various Covid-19 Care Centres on Thursday.
The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 73.50 per cent and the death rate is 0.36 per cent.
The state has tested 4,03,676 samples for COVID-19 till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, 2,61,346 people, including 17,557 beneficiaries of the 18-44 age group, have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till Thursday.
Of the total 2,61,346 beneficiaries, 52,149 have received both doses of the vaccine, she said.
- Tripura 2023: Seat sharing with Tipra Motha likely, says CPI-M
- Budget: FM gives Rs 35,000cr outlay for energy transition, net zero goals
- Meghalaya 2023: Joined NPP to work for development, says Marthon
- Why making phone calls can be good for young people’s wellbeing
- Meghalaya 2023: Is it James Sangma vs Rupa Marak in Dadenggre?
- Tripura 2023: Rebel BJP MLA attacked day after quitting party