As many as 148 new cases were confirmed at Zoram Medical College’s RT-PCR laboratory from two districts, three cases at TrueNat facilities from three districts and 141 cases were detected through Rapid Antigen Test from various districts, he said.
Of the 292 fresh cases, Aizawl district registered the highest at 240, followed by Serchhip district, which reported 21 cases, he said.
The remaining cases were reported from Kolasib, Champhai, Siaha, Mamit, Saitual, Lunglei and Khawzawl districts.
At least 4,388 samples were tested in the last 24 hours of which 6.65 per cent came out as positive for Covid-19.
One Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan and two each of healthcare workers and frontline workers were among the newly infected people, the official said.
Eleven patients have travel history, while the rest were found to have locally contracted the virus.
Of the 292 patients, 119 have developed symptoms of Covid-19.
The total Covid-19 cases now stand at 10,024 of which 2,473 are active. Up to 7,521 people have recovered from the infection.
At least 30 people have succumbed to the infection so far.
According to state immunization officer Dr Lalzawmi, 2,46,511 people have been administered the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine and among them 51,960 have received both the doses till Friday.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art