Aizawl: At least 150 people, including a 97-year-old man and a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, taking the state’s tally to 8,829, an official said on Monday.
Of the 150 fresh cases, Aizawl reported the highest cases at 110, followed by Kolasib and Saitual at 13 and 8 cases, respectively, he said.
The remaining cases were registered in Saitual, Lunglei, Serchhip and Siaha districts.
More than 34 children, including a 1-year-old baby, have also tested positive for COVID-19, he said.
Nine patients have travel history, while others were found to have locally contracted the infection, the official said.
Of the 150 patients, 113 have developed symptoms of COVID-19.
The number of active cases now stands at 2,117, while 6,687 people have recovered from the virus.
The Northeastern state has conducted 3,46,641 samples test for COVID-19 till date, including 599 on Sunday.
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu
- 2 spacetech startups get access to ISRO facilities to test rocket systems
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 18
- BJP names Sonowal, Murugan as its candidates for Rajya Sabha bypolls