Aizawl: At least 184 people, including six policemen, who recently returned from West Bengal after poll duty, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, taking the state’s tally to 7,147, an official said.
Seven personnel of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), two Border Security Force (BSF) jawan, two healthcare workers and an Indian Army man were among the newly infected patients, he said.
Of the fresh cases, 146 cases were reported from Aizawl district, 11 from Lawngtlai district, nine from Kolasib district, five from Serhhip district, 10 from Lunglei district, two from Mamit district and one case from Saitual district.
Thirty-four patients have travel history, while the rest were found to have locally contracted the infection, the official said. He said that 36 patients have developed symptoms of Covid-19 and the rest 148 are asymptomatic.
Also read: Mizoram: Health official served show-cause notice over notification
Mizoram now has 1,779 active cases, while 5,351 people have recovered from the infection. The death toll in the state is 17.
The state has conducted 3,23,271 samples test till date, including 3,230 on Thursday.
State immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi said that as many as 2,23,805 people have been administered the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine and 47,370 of them received full doses of the vaccine till Thursday.
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self
- Manipur: Kuki students slam tribal body’s call to lift NH-2 blockade
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake
- IIT Guwahati retains 7th spot in ‘Engineering’ category of NIRF rankings 2023
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for two NH projects in Assam
- CPM leader slams BJP govt on law and order in Tripura