Aizawl: Mizoram on Thursday reported 172 new COVID-19 cases, taking the state’s tally to 6,964, an official said.
The fresh cases were reported from all districts barring Hnahthial district. Aizawl district reported the highest at 130 cases, followed by Lunglei at 11 and Mamit at eight, he said.
Sixteen patients have travel history, while 108 patients were diagnosed with COVID-19 during contact tracing. It is yet to be ascertained how the remaining 48 patients contracted the infection, he said.
A Border Security Force (BSF) jawan and three healthcare workers were among the newly-infected people, he said. Besides, more than 30 children and teens aged 1 to 17 years also tested positive for COVID-19, he said.
According to the official, 74 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, while the rest 98 are asymptomatic.
Mizoram now has 1,642 active cases while 5,305 people have recovered from the virus.
At least 137 people were discharged from various COVID-19 Care Centres on Wednesday. The recovery rate is 76.18 per cent.
The COVID-19 death toll in the state is 17.
The Northeastern state has conducted 3,19,998 samples test till date, including 3,205 in the last 24 hours. The infection rate in the last 24 hours was 5.40 per cent.
According to state immunisation officer Dr Lalzawmi, 2,20,320 people have been administered the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 46,979 of them have received both the doses of vaccine till Wednesday.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal