Aizawl: Assam Rifles and Mizoram Excise and Narcotics department seized 90 grams of heroin and arrested two peddlers for possessing the contraband at Tuirial airfield near Aizawl on Wednesday, Assam Rifles sources said Thursday.
The contraband worth Rs. 40.5 lakh was believed to be smuggled from Myanmar, the sources said.
Excise department sources also said that the two accused were booked under relevant sections of “The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985,” the statement said.
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?
- Development, tribal welfare will be BJP’s poll planks: Tripura CM
- Nagaland polls: BJP releases list of 20 candidates
- Budget allocates Rs 4,692 crore for information and broadcasting ministry