Aizawl: Officials of Mizoram Excise and Narcotics department and Assam Rifles troopers have seized 324 grams of heroin and arrested two peddlers near Bukpui village in Kolasib district on March 20, a statement issued by the excise and narcotics department said on Monday.
The contraband worth Rs. 9.10 lakh in the local market was believed to be smuggled from Myanmar, the statement said.
Two peddlers identified as Zarzova (45) and Lalduhawma (25), both from Mauchar village near the Manipur border were arrested for possessing the heroin.
They were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the statement said.
- India talks ‘unprovoked’ aggression by China along border at ‘2+2’ with Russia
- Teaser of Puneeth Rajkumar’s dream project ‘Gandhada Gudi’ released
- Hateful posts: Kangana seeks time to appear before Delhi Assembly panel
- Govt departments, autonomous bodies owe over Rs 244 cr to Air India
- NHRC notice to Centre, Nagaland on killing of civilians in ‘botched up’ operation
- Chinese President Xi calls for tight control over religious affairs