Aizawl: Officials of excise and narcotics department seized 351.35 grams of heroin worth Rs 9.10 lakh and arrested two persons at two different locations on Tuesday and Wednesday, a statement by the department said on Thursday.
The statement said that at least 19.85 grams of heroin were seized during a raid in Mamit town on Tuesday and arrested a peddler Laldawngliana (31), a resident of Bazar Veng in Mamit.
In another seizure on Wednesday, the department also recovered 331.5 grams of heroin from the possession of a woman drug peddler identified as Lalengzauvi (47), a resident of Lunglei’s Venglai, it said. The two accused were booked under relevant sections of “The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985,” it said.
The statement said that the excise and narcotics department has been making constant efforts to curb the increasing smuggling of heroin from Myanmar.
Officials of the department also on Wednesday raided Phungchawng area on the outskirts of Aizawl and destroyed 10 liquor factories. The officials also seized 825 litres of locally made liquor during the raid.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago