The Aizawl Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles, under the aegis of Headquarters Inspector General Assam Rifles (East), apprehended one KNA (I) Commander-in-Chief in general area Veng, Zemabawk Thuampui, in Mizoram on March 11.
The joint operation comprised of troops from the Assam Rifles and 11 WEUs.
The operation was based on confirmed intelligence inputs about the presence of KNA(I) cadre in the area.
Swift and bold action of Security Forces resulted in apprehension of one KNA(I) Commander-in-Chief Nehjang Haokip who was later handed over to the Bawngkawn Police.
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President
- 3 killed in collision between ambulance, truck in Siliguri