The Aizawl Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles, under the aegis of Headquarters Inspector General Assam Rifles (East), apprehended one KNA (I) Commander-in-Chief in general area Veng, Zemabawk Thuampui, in Mizoram on March 11.
The joint operation comprised of troops from the Assam Rifles and 11 WEUs.
The operation was based on confirmed intelligence inputs about the presence of KNA(I) cadre in the area.
Swift and bold action of Security Forces resulted in apprehension of one KNA(I) Commander-in-Chief Nehjang Haokip who was later handed over to the Bawngkawn Police.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs