Aizawl: Mizoram budget session will be held for 23 days, commencing from February 23, an official said on Monday.
The meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) chaired by assembly speaker Lalrinliana Sailo on Monday chalked out detailed programme for the upcoming budget session as per which the session will last till March 17, assembly secretary H. Lalrinawma said.
There will be 15 actual sittings between February 23 and March 17, he said.
According to Lalrinawma, state governor P.S Sreedharan will deliver his gubernatorial speech on the first day, while chief minister Zoramthanga, who holds the finance portfolio will present the annual budget for fiscal 2021-2022 on March 1.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system