Aizawl: Mizoram budget session will be held for 23 days, commencing from February 23, an official said on Monday.
The meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) chaired by assembly speaker Lalrinliana Sailo on Monday chalked out detailed programme for the upcoming budget session as per which the session will last till March 17, assembly secretary H. Lalrinawma said.
There will be 15 actual sittings between February 23 and March 17, he said.
According to Lalrinawma, state governor P.S Sreedharan will deliver his gubernatorial speech on the first day, while chief minister Zoramthanga, who holds the finance portfolio will present the annual budget for fiscal 2021-2022 on March 1.
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata