Aizwal: Lone Lok Sabha member from Mizoram C Lalrosanga has urged the Centre to give priority to Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in the state, an official statement said on Thursday.
The MP called on Union defence minister Rajnath Singh in the national capital on Tuesday and urged him to give priority to the construction of border roads and funding to the BRO in the state, the statement by the state Information and Public Relations department said.
Lalrosanga urged Singh to place the Tuipang to Lungpuk road in the southern tip of the state on the priority list. The road is under Border Roads Task Face (BRTF).
The MP asked the Union minister to construct a bridge over the Chhimtuipui river along the Hnahthial-Sangau-Saiha road in the southern part of the state.
Lalrosanga also submitted a representation to Singh asking him to elevate Kawnpui -Durtlang – Aizawl road to double land National Highway and give priority to Kawlchaw – Phura-Tawngkawlawng road and Thingsai – Bualpui – Saisah – Pang khua – Sangau road in the southern part of Mizoram bordering Myanmar.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18