Aizawl: At least 23 people, including 15 Assam Rifles jawans and seven National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram, the second highest single-day spike in the state, official sources said.
A statement issued by state information and public relation department said the new 23 patients, including a 26-year-old woman, were confirmed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Thursday night.
The Assam Rifles jawans are posted at Zokhawsang near Aizawl and the NDRF personnel at Lungverh, about 15 km from Aizawl, the statement said.
The lone woman patient had returned from Kolkata and belongs to Aizawl district, it said.
Mizoram has so far reported 226 Covid-19 cases, of which 83 are active while 143 have already recovered.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands