Aizawl: The National Viral Hepatitis Control Programme (NVHCP) was launched on Tuesday across Mizoram to control and eradicate hepatitis in the state.
State health and family welfare department principal director Dr F Lallianhlira launched the programme simultaneously with a two-day training at health directorate office in Aizawl.
Speaking on the occasion, Lallianhlira said it is a new step in the field of health development. Dr Lalthanpara, officer on special duty of Mizoram health care society also said that hepatitis has been covered under the state health care scheme.
The NVHCP aims at eradicating hepatitis by 2030.
At present, model treatment centre for hepatitis is being set up at Aizawl civil hospital with Dr F Lalrothuama as state nodal officer.
State laboratory is being installed at Aizawl civil hospital under department of microbiology. District treatment centres are also being set up in all other district hospitals.
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?
- Use mapping to identify vulnerable areas in Silchar, suggests expert
- Manipur: 2 journalists arrested for alleged connection with insurgents