Phulbari: When you think of education, does Garo Hills come to mind? Unlikely.
Despite producing the state’s tallest leaders who have ruled Meghalaya for years, the region’s education levels are best illustrated by the fact that one school, the Jawaharlal Nehru HS School in Phulbari in West Garo Hills, stands head and shoulders above other schools. This is, after all, a region where schools have been abandoned for decades......
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister