In September 2022, Meghalaya minister Lahkmen Rymbui acknowledged an issue that many state residents were well aware of: crimes against women and children were on the rise.
To ensure the prevention of crimes against women, and their rehabilitation, One Stop Crisis Centres that deal with providing a range of services for violence-affected women, including police facilitation, legal counselling, psycho-social counselling, medical aid, and temporary shelter, have been set......
- Meghalaya to be fully connected by optical fibre network, says CM
- NFR assures completion of Dhansiri-Zubza rail line by 2024
- NE is future of sports in India: Arunachal CM Pema Khandu
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship