aghmara, Mar 25: Continuing their efforts to connect to the local border populace, the 170 battalions of the BSF held a Civic Action Program (CAP) along with a medical camp in the village of Mahadeo, close to the border with Bangladesh in South Garo Hills.
The event was attended by at least 200 residents from the villages of Kanai, Maheshkola, Ganganagar, Bagli, Nikora, Patlaban, Karaibari and Mahadeo in the presence of the deputy commandant, AS Khan and assistant commandant, Nimish.
Various residents, including the Nokmas, headmasters and teachers of many local schools and students participated in the CAP as well as a medical camp organised by the BSF.
Help sustain honest journalism.
During the programme, school stationery, plastic chairs, sports items, CGI sheets, and free medicine among others were also distributed.
The attendees appreciated the efforts of the BSF and expressed their gratitude.
Also Read | Rahul Gandhi should accept court verdict: Meghalaya CM
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD