Shillong: The Meghalaya government spent Rs 29.44 lakh on promotional videos on YouTube in the last quarter of the 2022-23 fiscal, state minister Ampareen Lyngdoh told the assembly on Wednesday.
The fund was spent from the planning department and the payment was made directly to YouTube Google Ad Account, the Information and Public Relations minister said.
No fund was spent on newspaper and outdoor hoarding advertisements in the same period, she said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
There was no specific budget under publicity spending or diversion of funds or fund overdrawn from some other head of accounts for this purpose, the minister said.
Also Read | Meghalaya: Regional panel for border dispute to be reconstituted
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD