Tura: The spate of nominations for the upcoming elections gathered pace with 22 candidates filing their papers across Garo Hills today, the most so far.
The list today included 8 NPP candidates, 5 Congress candidates, 2 AITC candidates, 2 UDP candidates with one GNC candidate and 4 independents
Those that filed their papers today include Chireng Peter R Marak (INC, Kharkutta) Timjim K Momin (INC, Mendipathar) Tweel K Marak (INC, Resubelpara) Brigady N Marak (INC, Bajengdoba) and Uttora G Sangma (INC, Ampati) Andreash Momin (UDP, Rongjeng), Limison D Sangma (NPP, Raksamgre) Jimmy D Sangma (NPP, Tikrikilla) Noor Nongrum (IND, Tikrikilla).
Help sustain honest journalism.
Further SG Esmatur Mominin (AITC, Phulbari) Dr. Mohammed Mizanur Rahman Kazi (AITC, Rajabala) Arbinstone B Marak (NPP, Selsella), Bipul Ch Sangma (UDP, Rangsakona), Rakesh Sangma (NPP, Gambegre) Diraj D Marak (IND, Dalu), Kennethson Sangma (IND, Dalu), Stevie M Marak (NPP, Ampati), Sayeedullah Nongrum (INC, Mahendraganj) Rakkam Sangma (NPP, Rongara – Siju) Sengchim N Sangma (NPP, Chokpot), Nikman Ch Marak (GNC, Chokpot) Satto R Marak (NPP, Baghmara) and Nathawal S Marak (IND, Baghmara) also filed their nominations before the Returning Officer of their district.
Tomorrow, February 4, is expected to be the busiest day in nomination filing with more big names likely to file their nominations.
Also Read | Meghalaya poll: Woman refuses freebies from candidates, returns gifts
- Meghalaya: MLA Methodius Dkhar seeks proper road connectivity
- Nagaland CM calls for oil exploration in inter-state border areas
- Ruckus hit Tripura Assembly as Kokborok script stir war of words
- Sikkim reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Literary body apologises over its Assamese-Bengali ‘gamosa’
- Meghalaya wants private investors to run MCCL in PPP mode: Conrad K Sangma