Williamnagar: Ruchir C Marak, the son of former minister and current Congress candidate from Williamnagar seat Deborah Marak, was involved in an accident which led to the death of a motorist in the town of Williamnagar in East Garo Hills. Marak was arrested and later bailed after he surrendered to the police, a day after the incident on Jan 17.
As per the incident report, the incident occurred at around 9:20 PM near the Williamnagar Super Market when one white coloured vehicle hit a scooter (ML 13-0139) of the victim, Sengsrang Marak, following which the vehicle and its occupant(s) fled the scene.
Following the accident, the victim suffered serious injuries to his person and was rushed to the Williamnagar Civil Hospital. However, he succumbed to his injuries after reaching medical care.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The next day, Ruchir surrendered himself to the police at the Williamnagar PS and was arrested at about 4:30 PM on Jan 18.
“He had been sent for medical examination and based on his leading the vehicle bearing registration ML05N- 2324 involved in the accident was also recovered from the Rongonggre area. It was duly seized. He was later released on bail as the accident cases are bailable,” informed the superintendent of police, EGH, Abraham T Sangma.
In this connection, a Suo Moto case has been registered u/s 279/ 337/ 427/ 304A IPC.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan’s Mughal Gardens renamed ‘Amrit Udyan’, to open from Jan 31
- Tunes based on ragas, mega drone show to be flavour of Beating Retreat ceremony
- Meghalaya only state in India denying education to children: Mukul Sangma
- Counsel ‘decourted’ for donning jeans in Gauhati HC
- Budget session of Mizoram Assembly from Feb 7 to March 13
- Amit Shah stresses on need to increase conviction rate in country