Tura: The National People’s Party (NPP) has been at the forefront of politics in Meghalaya for the past five years, with the party doing exceptionally well in the 2018 elections in both the Garo Hills and the Khasi – Jaintia Hills regions in equal measure. Their success, surprising many, came amid a wave of popular support that came except the then Mukul Sangma-led Congress government.
However, this time, the situation looks a lot different for the Conrad Sangma-led party with internal party rebels and anti-incumbency as well as a prickly......
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali