Tura: Ending speculations over the move likely to be taken by BJP member John Leslie K Sangma following a spate of exchanges with district-level party leader Wilver Greham Danggo recently, the former MLA has reportedly quit the party.
Leslie, who earlier joined the BJP in the presence of party leaders A L Hek, Sanbor Shullai and other leaders in Shillong, reportedly submitted his resignation letter to the BJP President on December 20.
Help sustain honest journalism.
“I am resigning from the party as my joining and your inducting me to the party has not been accepted and recognized by the BJP District level,” the former MLA said in his letter.
Meanwhile, with Sangma earlier, already having made known his intention to contest solely from the South Tura constituency, he is likely to contest the elections as an Independent candidate if not, from any of the other parties.
Also Read | Cold wave: Northeast India to see snow, rain, fog, more this week
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence