Shillong: Lt Gen K C Panchanathan, the general officer commanding of 101 Area here has died due to a heart attack, officials said on Wednesday. Panchanathan was 57.
According to Army officials, Lt Gen Pachanathan was rushed to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences here and died at around 8:30 pm Tuesday night.
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma condoled the death of the Defence officer.
“The very jovial and energetic Lt Gen K C Panchanathan, GOC 101 Area left for his heavenly abode last night. Deeply saddened by his untimely demise. He would often visit me with suggestions on how @easterncomd can strengthen their relationship with the people of the NE,” he tweeted.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The officer had served the Indian Army in various capacities before taking charge of the 101 Army base here, the Army officials said.
- Tripura 2023: Not double engine, we need people’s engine, says Mamata
- Jaishankar, Bhutan’s Assembly speaker discuss economic ties
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 7
- Tripura 2023: UP CM Yogi warns of misgovernance if Cong-CPI(M) win
- Frontier Nagaland ‘deal’ leaves some eastern Nagas confused, others elated