TURA: Separate FIRs have been filed against two Facebook users, by TMC MDC, Cherak W Momin and the President of the Kharkutta Block Youth Trinamool Congress, a constituency in North Garo Hills which the MDC represents, for allegedly maligning the image of the MDC as well as the party in separate posts.
The FIRs were filed on December 4 at the Kharkutta police station against Facebook users- Waltingo D Shira and another going by the name ‘Hudu Hada’. According to the FIRs, the two Facebook users uploaded separate posts with ‘objectionable captions’ against the MDC and the party on December 2 and 3.
Pointing out that the derogatory posts had destroyed the reputation and social standing of the MDC as well as of the party, the complainants urged concerned authorities to trace the culprits and take necessary action against them.
- Jaishankar, Bhutan’s Assembly speaker discuss economic ties
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 7
- Tripura 2023: UP CM Yogi warns of misgovernance if Cong-CPI(M) win
- Frontier Nagaland ‘deal’ leaves some eastern Nagas confused, others elated
- BJP scared of electoral understanding of Left, Cong in Tripura: Ex-CM Manik Sarkar