Mukroh, West Jaintia Hills: In the Northeast, a single incident can often push obscure villages into national focus and mostly, for the worse. Last year, it was Oting village in the Mon district of Nagaland. Until December 4, few if any had heard of Oting, But after December 4, the village found itself at the centre of national attention and was almost swarmed by journalists.
A year later, it seems......
- Arunachal: Dambuk oranges find takers in UAE
- Internet shutdown shows bankruptcy of ideas: TMC leader Mukul Sangma
- On day 1 of IIT-G placements, 168 offers made; highest package worth Rs 2.4 cr
- Arunachal: Protect tribal languages & culture, says Dy CM
- Assam plans drive to bar ex-students from staying in college, varsity hostels
- Nepali Congress wins 55 seats, starts consultations to form govt