TURA: Two persons from North Garo Hills, who were earlier involved in a separate rape and attempted rape cases, have been convicted to serve jail term by a court in the same district.
The two persons were convicted by Special Judge (POCSO) M Skhemlon.
Accused Jaseng D Shira has been sentenced to rigorous imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 2,000 for raping his stepdaughter. The other accused Tapan Rai has been sentenced to simple imprisonment for 1 year, 6 months and 10 days along with a fine of the same amount for attempting to rape his ten-year-old daughter.
The first accused, Tapan Rai, hails from Tilapara under Mendipathar Police Station, while Jaseng D Shira is from Nameram village under Kharkutta Police Station in the same district.
Also read | Ukraine conflict has widened scope of political leveraging: Jaishankar
- Assam: Major road disaster averted as loaded gas-tanker overturns
- Social media snaps sweep of Japan’s cherry blossom season in new detail
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong
- CBI raids multiple locations in Bengal linked with job scam in civic bodies