Guwahati: Meghalaya’s war against drugs continues unabated with the state police seizing a consignment of heroin on Friday.
The Ri-Bhoi district police seized heroin worth Rs 25 lakh on Friday.
Two drug traffickers have been arrested by the police in connection with the case. The contraband was recovered from a Maruti 800 car, which has also been seized.
Earlier on Thursday, Meghalaya police seized over 150 grams of heroin from the East Khasi Hills district.
Taking to Twitter, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma said: Another day, another success! As part of our ongoing war against drugs, vigilant @RibhoiPolice nabbed two traffickers who tried to hoodwink cops & recovered –Heroin worth Rs 25 lakh – 02 smart phones -01 Car ( As01z 8255). Prompt action by @MeghalayaPolice & Irbishnoiips.
- Did Amar Kaushik’s ‘Bhediya’, shot in Arunachal, convey its message?
- Bengal: Transgenders could apply for govt jobs in general category
- PSLV-C54 successfully places earth observation satellite into orbit
- Arunachal: Cooperate with govt for development, says health min to people
- Assam continues to ‘restrict’ movement of people to Meghalaya
- BSF shoots down drone along international border in Amritsar