Guwahati: The East Khasi Hills police has nabbed two drug traffickers and confiscated heroin worth of 156.12 gms from their possession.
Security forces have also recovered 2 smart phones, one Chevrolet vehicle, and Rs 1.28 lakh during the raid.
Taking to Twitter, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma wrote: “Our war against drug trafficking is on! In a well synchronized and swift ops @EKH_Police nabbed 2 notorious traffickers and recovered -156.12 gms Heroin -2 smart phones -1Chevrolet Vehicle – 1.28 lakh cash. Hunt for linkages is on. Well done @MeghalayaPolice & @lrbishnoiips”
On Tuesday, heroin worth Rs 1 crore was seized in Ri-Bhoi district of the state.
- 5 held after Rs 93.83 lakh in cash seized from Bihar SUV in Jalpaiguri
- Manipur: CM Biren inaugurates Wangkhei Eye Hospital
- Assam: To make Guwahati flood-free, Himanta says his govt engineering solutions
- Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘Doctor G’ set for OTT debut on Netflix
- Centre wants Delhi-Centre power row to be referred to larger SC bench
- Arunachal: CM Pema Khandu lays base for new ADC office at Digbak