Shillong: A 62-year-old Bangladeshi man was apprehended near the international border in Meghalaya’s West Jaintia Hills district on Tuesday with gold biscuits worth Rs 17 lakh, police said.
Md Hason Ali was apprehended by the BSF near the Dawki integrated check post, they said.
He was taking three gold biscuits from Mahajankatti in Bangladesh’s Sylhet to Guwahati in Assam, BSF spokesperson Raj Singh Kataria said.
“We have arrested the Bangladeshi national who was apprehended by the BSF,” a senior district police officer said.
Meghalaya shares a 443-km-long border with Bangladesh, most of which is unfenced.
- Miss Nagaland 2022: Hikali Achumi, 23, from Zunheboto wins crown
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 10 December, 2022
- PM chairs meeting of governors, CMs, LGs on G-20 presidency
- Hornbill festival: 28-yr-old Tokupu Sumi wins Naga chef season 9
- Ping, Ping, Ping … Yes, constant phone notifications tax your brain
- Arunachal: Bird’s unique song leads to discovery of possible new species