Shillong: The dome of the under construction Meghalaya Legislative Assembly building at Mawdiangdiang collapsed on Sunday morning.
As per reports, no causality has been reported in the incident so far.
Worth mentioning here is that the dome that collapsed at the new assembly building was recently fitted. The dome was one of the parts of the building that had taken a considerable construction time.
The crane used for the purpose of lifting and installing the dome structure of the new building took almost one-and-a-half months to come all the way from Chennai by road.
Till date an amount to the tune of Rs 130 crore has been spent for the construction of the new Assembly Building.
Earlier, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly Speaker Metbah Lyngdoh had said that they were hopeful of shifting to the new building in the next autumn session.
The new building is being constructed on 80 acres of land at Mawdiangdiang in New Shillong Township. The project, amounting to Rs 127 crore, has been allotted to Uttar Pradesh Rajkiya Nirman Nigam Ltd, which is PSU of the Uttar Pradesh government.
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA
- Manipur landslide: Mortal remains of Army personnel flown to Siliguri