Shillong: Radio Jockey Mirchi RJ Nicky J of 91.1 Mirchi Shillong was felicitated by UNICEF India and Radio4child at Radio4Child Recognition Ceremony and Workshop on Routine Immunization held on May 6-7 at Mumbai.
More than 80 radio professionals from across the country were felicitated for their contribution in spreading awareness on immunization during the Covid-19 pandemic. The awardees were felicitated by multi-Grammy Award-winning Indian music composer and environmentalist Ricky Kej and other dignitaries.
Sharing his thoughts, Mirchi RJ Nicky J stressed on the need for radio to be the medium to bridge the gap between the healthcare system, the community leaders and the citizens in creating awareness about routine immunization, child care, clarifying myths and doubts, and support in achieving the goals of Intensified Mission Indradhanush 4.0.
Zafrin Chowdhury, Chief Communication, Advocacy & Partnerships, UNICEF India, expressed her appreciation for the contribution made by various radio professionals in spreading awareness during the pandemic and stressed upon the need for more awareness on routine immunization for children.
- Two quakes rock Assam, Meghalaya
- Manipur nurses’ potential recognised by foreign countries: Dr Sapam Ranjan
- Tripura: Cabinet approves schemes for PwD; health & IT policy soon
- India, Nepal ties will benefit entire humanity in global situation: Modi
- BJP works to create divide, Cong to connect with all: Rahul Gandhi
- Army completes Court of Inquiry into killing of Nagaland civilians