Shillong: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Saturday participated in a symbolic ‘cleanliness drive’ of the Umsohlang-Umshing stream, which is a lifeline of the people of Mawlai in Shillong.
The drive was organised by the Bio Diversity Management Committee Kynton Massar, Mawlai in Shillong.
Sangma hailed the efforts of the residents of Mawlai in preservation of the crucial water source.
Notably, the Umsohlang-Umshing stream has been the lifeline of the people of Mawlai for generations. The cleanliness drive is one of the significant initiatives in preservation of the water source, the chief minister said.
During the cleanliness drive, the chief minister also announced a mission-mode programme to aid the locals of the 5 Dorbar Shnong in preserving the water body.
- Mumbai NCB seizes 8,640 bottles of banned cough syrup from Thane; 2 held
- Locals loot oil after tanker overturns on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway
- Most-wanted gangster of Bihar arrested in Delhi: Police
- Professor arrested for emails criticizing Assam Govt, CM
- Pall of gloom over Kolkata’s Lake Club over death of 2 promising rowers
- Consent sought for Phase-3 trial of Covovax as booster dose for 2-18 yrs