Shillong: In yet another setback for the Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC), Bajop Pyngrope, a member of District Council (MDC) from Rambrai Jyrngam Constituency, tendered his resignation on Monday along with 20 office-bearers at the Congress Bhawan, Shillong office.
Speaking with media persons, Pyngrope said the Congress infighting is not only in Meghalaya but also at the national level. He alleged that the higher-ups in the party, who are corrupted, compelled them to step down from the party.
Saying that it’s disheartening after serving for eight years in the Congress party, Pyngrope said that worked tirelessly for the party.
Pyngrope said he would join the National People’s Party (NPP) on March 31. Asked why he chose NPP, Pyngrope said the leadership of Conrad K Sangma yielded positive results in resolving the long-pending issue on the Assam-Meghalaya border.
- The amateur asteroid hunters giving NASA a run for its money
- Likelihood of Monkeypox becoming pandemic low: Researchers
- Struggling with positive thinking? Grumpy moods could actually be useful
- What is ‘heteropessimism’, and why do men and women suffer from it?
- IAF receives over 2L applications under Agnipath scheme in 6 days
- Having ‘intensive engagement’ with India, others on Russian oil price cap: US