Shillong: Meghalaya’s minister in-charge of Sports Banteidor Lyngdoh on Tuesday inspected the ongoing construction work at JN Complex Polo ground in Shillong.
At an estimated cost of Rs 34 crore, the project is scheduled to be completed by its November 2022 deadline, Lyngdoh said.
The foundation stone laying ceremony was held last year in December in the presence of chief minister Conrad K Sangma. The JN Stadium is getting a facelift after 30 years.
The chief minister, during the foundation stone laying ceremony, had said, “This is funded by the state budget but over and above that we are having an indoor stadium, which will be a world class facility to be funded by New Development Bank (NDB) at a cost of about Rs 100 crore.”
Lyngdoh added that they aim to complete upgradation work at the earliest so that the state can hold big sporting events at the complex. The state is also aiming to host a large number of activities going forward, including the Northeast Olympics, Meghalaya Games, Northeast Youth Summit, the National table tennis championship, among others.
- Mon massacre: Nagas from Nagaland, Manipur observe black day
- Centre to convene all-party meet to finalise strategies for 2023 G-20 summit
- Mirabai, Indian lifters begin quest for Olympic qualification with World Championships
- 2023 election to lay foundation stone for making a ‘vibrant Tripura’: Bhoumik
- Meghalaya: BJP hits back at NPP over ‘toothless tiger’ jibe
- One year of Mon massacre: No one died in Oting?