Shillong: Retired IAS officer Peter S Dkhar has been appointed as the interlocutor for peace talks with HNLC, Meghalaya home minister Lahkmen Rymbui said on Thursday.
The Meghalaya government had earlier said it was working on the names of individuals who could be interlocutors and said it would prefer someone from the society with enough experience.
The state government, on February 9, had welcomed the statement made by the banned militant outfit Hynñiewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) offering peace talks.
They also sought candidature from persons having qualities to negotiate well and speak on the matters and understand this subject well.
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes