Shillong: Meghalaya on Wednesday reported 125 fresh COVID-19 cases, 23 less than the previous day, which pushed the tally to 92,646, a senior health department official said.
The coronavirus death toll also rose to 1,554 with two more fatalities, he said.
The northeastern state now has 1,098 active cases, while 89,994 patients have so far recovered from the disease.
The new cases include 56 single-day infections from East Khasi Hills and 16 from West Garo Hills District, Health Services Director Aman War said.
Meghalaya has conducted over 13.39 lakh tests till date.
A total of 23.08 lakh people have been inoculated in the state thus far, War said.
Also read: Meghalaya’s banned militant outfit HNLC ready for peace talks sans conditions
- Beyond G20: Why India-Bangladesh pipeline merits a special discourse
- PM Modi launches series of initiatives to eliminate tuberculosis
- PM to attend spectacular Bihu function in Assam on April 14
- Earth Hour India to host ‘Pedal for Planet’ in Guwahati on March 25
- Manipur: Indian Journalists’ Union president visits DIPR HQ in Imphal
- Nagaland: Dy CM orders removal of 3,000 personnel on non-police duty