Shillong: Meghalaya on Sunday reported 362 new COVID-19 cases, 42 more than the previous day, with the tally mounting to 90,884, a health official said.
The death toll rose to 1,522 as four more patients succumbed to the disease, Health Services Director Dr Aman War said.
East Khasi Hills district recorded the highest number of fresh cases at 149, followed by West Garo Hills at 133.
At least 424 people recuperated from the infection during the day, taking the total number of recoveries to 87,009, War said.
Meghalaya now has 2,353 active cases, he said.
The state has so far conducted over 13.12 lakh sample tests for COVID-19, the official said.
Over 22.68 lakh people have been inoculated till Saturday, with 9,27,180 of them having received both doses of vaccines, he added.
- Missing Nagaland jawan found dead
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change