Shillong: Three people were attacked by unknown miscreants on Thursday afternoon opposite Lumdiengjri police station locality in Shillong.
One of the victims, Chandan Paul, who is a shopkeeper, was allegedly attacked from behind. Paul, a 55-year-old man, was immediately rushed to the civil hospital after sustaining serious injuries.
Two other victims, Norjul Mullah and Abdul Sukkur, both residents of Garikhana, were also attacked by the same miscreants. They received minor injuries and Mullah received 5 stitches on his ear.
Speaking with EastMojo, one victims’ sister Ruma Paul said the incident happened around 4 pm. A group of people, around 8-10 in number and all masked, appeared out of the blue and started attacking them, Paul narrated.
She said her brother was stabbed and the other two victims were punched. The masked miscreants reportedly fled the scene immediately after the attack.
EastMojo contacted officials at Lumdiengjri Police Station, who said the incident happened so quickly that they couldn’t catch hold of any of the miscreants. The Officer in Incharge has already started an investigation in the case to catch hold of the attackers, said an official.
- Assam: To make Guwahati flood-free, Himanta says his govt engineering solutions
- Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘Doctor G’ set for OTT debut on Netflix
- Centre wants Delhi-Centre power row to be referred to larger SC bench
- Arunachal: CM Pema Khandu lays base for new ADC office at Digbak
- Nagaland: KLSU condemns murder of Lotha youth in Kohima
- I trust Modi to bring us together in order to build peaceful world: Macron