Two armed unidentified miscreants reportedly looted over ₹2 lakh from a Highway Carrier Refilling Centre in Ri Bhoi District’s 14th Mile area on Friday.
The two miscreants were on a red and black 220 cc Pulsar bike and carried an AK-47 assault rifle and a 9mm pistol. They barged into the petrol pump and asked the petrol pump manager to empty a locker and give them all the cash.
They also snatched money from another staff member at the petrol pump and fled towards Sonapur. Despite the incident being caught on CCTV, the bike’s registration number could not be identified due to low resolution.
Cops from the nearest Byrnihat Outpost rushed to the spot to investigate the matter and an FIR has been filed with the Byrnihat Police Outpost with regards to the incident.
- TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee running parallel administration: Malviya
- Tripura logs 1,242 new Covid-19 cases, 4 more deaths
- Nagaland govt grants district status to Shamator
- Can a big flood push Kaziranga’s Eastern Swamp Deer to extinction?
- Assam Cabinet OKs time-bound promotion for medical faculties
- Bengal logs 11,447 fresh Covid cases, 38 deaths