Shillong: Meghalaya on Friday registered 21 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally to 84,664, a health department official said.
The state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 1,476, with no reports of any more fatalities due to the disease.
Health Services director Dr Aman War said the number of active coronavirus cases now is 216.
Out of the 21 new cases detected, 15 were from East Khasi Hills district, two each from East Jaintia Hills and West Khasi Hills, and one each from West Garo Hills and West Jaintia district.
War said 23 Covid-19 patients recovered from the disease on Friday, pushing the total number of cured people to 82,972.
The state has also conducted over 12.06 lakh sample tests for COVID-19 to date.
As of Thursday, a total of 20.29 lakh people have been inoculated in the state, with over 8.42 lakh of them receiving both doses of the vaccine, War said.
- Same-sex marriage: Centre opposes plea for live streaming of proceedings
- Fact-check: ‘Assam’ video on floods from Indonesia?
- Assam: Akhil Gogoi to visit Barak Valley; 500 people could join party
- LIC lists at 8.11% discount at Rs 872 per share on NSE
- Kejriwal slams BJP on demolition drive
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for May 17