Shillong: Meghalaya police on Saturday seized heroin weighing 1.116 kg from Madanrting locality in Shillong.
East Khasi Hills District Superintendent of Police (SP) Sylvester Nongtnger said the contraband was trafficked from Myanmar. During the search operation following a tip off, 101 soap boxes (66 soap boxes kept inside a purple bag and 35 soap boxes kept inside a carton) were recovered, the SP said.
“On Friday, we received information that an illegal consignment of narcotic drugs was being delivered to a person staying at Madanrting. On Saturday, after the information was verified, the ANTF Team along with officers and personnel of Madanrting PS proceeded to the residence of the suspect. A house search was conducted at the residence of the suspect in the presence of independent witnesses,” informed Nongtnger.
The SP said 110 soap boxes were recovered during the search and that all the soap boxes contained heroin, which was confirmed by a preliminary test. The SP added that two women have been arrested in the case and investigation is on to nab others involved in the racket.
- Manipur: MLTR set Imphal stage on fire with popular numbers
- Reverse migration to border areas need of the hour: Arunachal CM
- Do not approve of firing on civilians: Assam CM
- Tripura piggery owners yet to be compensated for ASF mass-culling
- Mizoram CM visits aspirational Mamit district, inspects projects
- Assam school boys assault pregnant teacher over ‘complaint’ to parents