Shillong: The Meghalaya government has taken possession of the controversial land called Harijan Colony/Them Metor in Shillong.
State Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong, who is also the chairman of the High Level Committee that prepared a report on the controversial land, said the premium of Rs 2 crore has been cleared to Syiem of Mylliem (Traditional Head).
When asked if this issue would spiral into a law and order situation, Tynsong assured that this will be under control. He said groups and NGOs from outside the state are free to visit the state and give their views on the matter.
Asked what is the plan of the government to make out of the area, he said they plan to beautify the area without sharing anything specific.
Concerning relocation of the settlers, Tynsong refused to divulge any information but stated that due process of law will be followed.
- Modi greets people of Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura on Statehood Day
- What causes a tsunami? An ocean scientist explains the physics
- Europe considers new COVID-19 strategy: accepting the virus
- New AI-based test uses X-rays to detect COVID-19 in minutes
- Security scanners across Europe tied to China govt, military
- 2021 was one of the hottest years on record. It may also be the coldest