Shillong: The Meghalaya government has taken possession of the controversial land called Harijan Colony/Them Metor in Shillong.
State Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong, who is also the chairman of the High Level Committee that prepared a report on the controversial land, said the premium of Rs 2 crore has been cleared to Syiem of Mylliem (Traditional Head).
When asked if this issue would spiral into a law and order situation, Tynsong assured that this will be under control. He said groups and NGOs from outside the state are free to visit the state and give their views on the matter.
Asked what is the plan of the government to make out of the area, he said they plan to beautify the area without sharing anything specific.
Concerning relocation of the settlers, Tynsong refused to divulge any information but stated that due process of law will be followed.
Also read: Puneeth Rajkumar: Film fraternity, fans pay tribute to Power Star
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur