Shillong: Tense moments reported from Shillong after an abandoned blue bag with a bomb was found in front of the office of the National People’s Party (NPP) in Lachumiere locality.
Security paraphernalia and bomb squads have been activated and the area has been cordoned off while security teams are still working to defuse the said explosive.
Meanwhile, HNLC has claimed reponsibility for the explosive, Sainkupar Nongtraw, general secretary of the outfit posted on social media.
The incident comes at a time when Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu is on a day-long visit to Meghalaya.
A case under relevant provisions of law is being registered at the Laitumkhrah Police Station against members of the proscribed outfit HNLC who claimed to plant the bomb in front of the NPP office.
This is a developing story and further details on the incident are awaited.
Also read: Meghalaya: Petrol bombs hurled at police vehicle, 5 injured
- Meghalaya: ‘Cheap stunt’ or is the GNLA really regrouping?
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram