Shillong: In a tragic accident, a 37-year-old assistant professor travelling from Tura to Shillong on Saturday was burnt alive after his car caught fire.
According to reports, the Bolero vehicle, in which Lyngdoh was travelling, suddenly burst into flames at Umden village.
Preliminary reports indicate that there may have been a technical short circuit either with the vehicle air conditioner or a leaking fuel pipe that caused the fire to quickly spread inside the vehicle claiming the life of the professor.
Lyngdoh was the Assistant Professor in charge of the Department of Basic Science and Humanities at the College of Community Science in Sangsanggre, Tura.
- This December, spare a thought for those killed in Oting
- India never favours war, violence: Rajnath Singh
- ‘Freddy’: Run-of-the-mill thriller loses its sheen on small screen
- World Cup: what body type works best for football? A professor of biomechanics explains
- Use technology to make education accessible to children with disabilities: Prez Murmu
- SS Rajamouli bags best director award at New York Film Critics Circle for ‘RRR’